Sunday, July 21, 2013

Growing Up

Twenty years ago today, I was lying in a hospital bed, too excited to sleep, because I knew that my little boy would be arriving in the morning.

Tonight, I am sitting in my comfy chair, anticipating the end of his teenage years.

Tomorrow, my baby boy will turn 20.

I know! It's hard to believe that my baby is all grown up.

I'm remembering all the good times that we've shared... camping, hiking, canoeing, trips to the zoo, waterparks and so much more.  We've had some amazing experiences together.  And through it all, I've watched a charming little boy grow into an amazing young man, and I am one very proud mom.

Don't think that this birthday marks the end of our fun times.  Far from it!  I anticipate making more memories with my young man.  Especially now that he can drive me around... and be my designated driver when the need arises.  This mother and son team is still going strong.  Though, I may have to start introducing him as my little brother.

Happy birthday, James.  I love you.