Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Most Amazing Weekend

This post is for those of you who wanted the details…

I am a member of the Order of the Arrow. No, it’s not some wizarding group, or super-secret club. The OA is a service-oriented group of Boy Scouts – basically it’s their honor society.

Last weekend was OA Fall Pow-wow – one of our annual get-togethers. We had major fun, as always. But this time, was really special. On Saturday, my son and I were called during the Vigil Call-out Ceremony. This is a huge honor and we were both surprised to have been chosen. In a few weeks, we will experience Vigil Weekend. We are not sure what to expect, so we are both excited and a little apprehensive, but I’m told that it will be a wonderful experience.

But there’s more…

After much hugging and congratulations, we left the ceremony ring and headed to the Pow-wow arena. When we arrived, Jared, one of our youth singers, asked me if I would be the Head Woman for the pow-wow. Me? Head Woman? Really? Stunned. Not knowing what Head Woman entailed… of course I agreed. I’ve only danced at a couple of pow-wows, so I had no idea what I was supposed to do, but the other dancers graciously instructed me and kept me from making a total fool of myself. I danced at every opportunity, but I don’t think my feet touched the ground once. I truly think I could have danced all night.

Vigil. Head Woman. To be so honored, twice in one day – it is impossible to describe how that feels. It truly was a most amazing weekend.

3 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Fun! I'm just starting to get into boyscouting and cubscouting and there is so much for me to learn as my boys go through it.

LeAnn Knight said...

It is awesome fun, and I predict that you will love it. (Didn't know I was phychic, did ya?)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment