Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weighing In - Week Fifteen

Broiled Salmon with Raspberry Citrus Sauce
It was bound to happen.  I slacked off on my exercise (only 3 times) last week and ate a few too many desserts and not-so-healthy meals.  And then there's the water retention.  It all added up to a (small) weight gain for the week.  I wasn't shocked when I got on the scale... mildly annoyed, but not shocked.

The good news is that I still lost inches. Yay!

The best part of last week, was that my husband and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on Friday.  I tried out a new recipe for the occasion - broiled salmon with raspberry citrus sauce.  I used this Mrs. Dash recipe, with a few little modifications, and the results were amazing.  It was healthy (shhh) and so good!  I will definitely be making it again. 

I've decided to change up my exercise routine and am starting Jillian's 30 Day Shred.  I like this program because it mixes cardio, strength training and ab work - and it only takes 20 minutes a day. Maybe this time I will stick with it for an entire month.  Wish me luck! 

My numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  +0.4
Total weight loss:  11.6
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -2.0
Total inches lost:  24.5

Looking for some motivation on your weight loss journey?  Check out the Empty the Junk from the Trunk group on Facebook... these folks are an inspiration!