Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bad Day, Good Day

Today has not been one of my better days. I put my truck in the shop again. Looks like there is a problem with the transmission - yet another expensive repair. *sigh* At least I know my truck is in good hands with my friends at Milstead.
These Boots Were Made For Walkin'


Even with this less-than-stellar news, I was able to find redeeming moments in my day. The theme for week 2 of the MCP Project 52 was to illustrate a song. I thought about this one for days before finally coming up with an idea. Here's my picture and my song is These Boots Are Made For Walkin'. My picture is an illustration of the song title, not the lyrics. These old boots have been around for a long time, and have been re-soled four times. Obviously, they have seen a lot of walkin'. I was thrilled to get some comments on my photo from the Flickr group, and would love to hear what you think, too.

I'm still keeping up with my 52 Organizing Missions

#38 Organize Your Exercise - My exercise of choice is yoga - specifically, Julian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. I have the DVD, I have all the supplies, and I have a schedule that will work. I was doing regular yoga workouts last year before I went into the hospital. Now I just have to get back into that routine. Wish me luck.

#39 Declutter Your Surfaces - This is one that I started working on a while back. It is so easy to let things pile up, so this requires constant maintenance. My next target with this is our home office... there's a work table in that room that has turned into a huge pile of books a papers that need to be sorted, filed, and organized. Now, I just have to get my husband on board. *crossing fingers*

I just realized that there are only 13 more missions to go.  Wow!  I'll be organized in no time.

Today was a pretty good day after all.