Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Senior Year

This is my son's last year of high school. We've been acknowledging it all year... last first day of school, last homecoming, last fall festival, last marching band competition, last football game, last banquet, last fundraiser, last class project, last concert, last test, senior awards night, prom. Every event was marked as their last by the senior class. 

And on Saturday, we will celebrate the culmination of twelve years (thirteen if you count kindergarten) of academic study and extracurricular activities.

Graduation.

My baby boy is graduating.

For thirteen years, he has attended classes - never missing a single day of school, he has maintained an A average, and has never gotten a bad conduct report. He will graduate summa cum laude, top 5% of his class, an AP scholar, with a UIL award and a President's award.

I am so darned proud of him, I could cry.

And I probably will.