Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weighing In - Week Fifty

There's something about extra food (and the threat of spoilage) that sparks creativity. My son came home from college with a giant jar of applesauce, and when I remembered what happened with the last jar of applesauce that entered our house, I came up with a simple idea that I'd like to share with you. Sprinkle a small bowl of applesauce with cinnamon and top with a couple spoonfuls of granola. It's super easy and tastes like an apple crisp... and it's great for those of us who are trying to keep the calorie count low.

More important than counting calories is burning them off - at least that's the way I see it. I've just started phase 3 of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution, and the workouts at this level are seriously kicking my butt.  I haven't been able to get all the way through without stopping, but I hope that I'll get there before it's time to switch to the final set of videos. Maybe I'll do an extra week at this level. 

My numbers for the week(s):
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  +0.6
Total weight loss:  21.8
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  0
Total inches lost:  33.5

My current motivation:  the Meet My Goals Challenge from Mom In Management. My goals for week 3 were to exercise (6 days), drink more water, and avoid the calorie-laden muffins at the coffee shop.  My reality was - I missed one workout due to a power outage (completed 5, though) and I caved in and had a cranberry orange muffin with my coffee on Friday. I'll do better next week.