Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weighing In - Week One

It's been a little over a week since I officially started my campaign to get fit and lose weight. I had hoped to post on Saturday, but life somehow got in the way. Go figure. Anyway, here are my results as of Saturday.

Food Journal:  I did a good job of writing everything down. I made healthier choices on some days, like skipping the bun and condiments on hamburger day at work. My biggest problem area is snacking in the evening. I did notice that there was less snacking by the end of the week.

Exercise: I mowed the yard on Sunday (an hour using a push mower). Monday through Friday I did the Zumba Express workout (20 minutes) each evening. On Saturday, I took a break from exercise and did housework and ran errands instead. I am really enjoying the Zumba workout. I'm at a point where I am comfortable with the moves in the Express workout and I think I'm ready to move to the next level.

Before (taken 6/29/11)
Measurements: My goal is to lose 69 pounds. That may sound like a lot, but it will get me to a healthy weight for my height. I'm pretty happy with my numbers for this week.

Weight loss this week: 1.8
Inches lost this week: 2

Posting a picture was a tough decision for me. I have a habit of deleting all the pictures of me that I don't like, as a result, there aren't too many pictures of me. However, I wanted a "before" picture to help measure my progress, so here it is. You don't know how badly I wanted to PhotoShop the heck out of this picture (or maybe you do). But I didn't. All of the bumps and bulges are mine, and I'll own them. For now. I'll try to post additional pictures as I go, so you can see my progress.

I've met some new friends through the Empty the Junk from the Trunk Facebook group. It's so helpful to connect with others who are facing the same challenges - keeps you motivated. If you're looking for some encouragement, stop by and request an invitation to join.