Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weighing In - Week Four

This week was much better than last week. I spent most of the week in meetings, where I did not get to chose my lunch menu, but I did try to keep my portions small and stay away from the cookies (most of the time). I managed to avoid fast food completely and stick with my regular exercise program, and the results were pretty darn good.

Food Journal:  Faithfully recorded everything... including the occasional cookie.  I wish these meetings would be finished, so I could go back to my regular routine, but it looks like we have a couple more weeks to go. Ugh!

Exercise: I did the Zumba Accelerated Fat-Loss Program every night except Tuesday and Saturday. I love this workout! I need to get some new shoes, though - some that have great arch support and don't grab the carpet while I'm dancing.

Measurements: Here are my numbers for the week.
Pounds lost this week:  4.6
Total weight loss:  5.2
Inches lost this week:  2
Total inches lost:  7

Last week, I gained 2 pounds (probably from water retention), so the 4.6 pound loss this week puts me back on track.  If I can continue to lose 1-2 pounds a week, I will reach my goal of losing 69 pounds by next summer. New bikini, perhaps?

I've joined my friends at Empty the Junk from the Trunk Facebook group in a 10-week motivation project. If I meet my weekly goals, my name goes into a drawing for a cash prize - not a big amount, just something to make it interesting. I met my goals this week!  Yay!