Monday, August 1, 2011

Weighing In - Week Five

I was feeling really good about my progress this week, and expecting good results at weigh in. Then I got on the scales. Another gain. Not a big one, but still a gain.

Reviewing my food journal shows me that I am still struggling with the lunches during our daily meetings. Gotta stay away from the desserts and afternoon cookies! Today I learned that the meetings have been extended for another four weeks. Joy.

Zumba is still my favorite go-to exercise. I exercised six nights last week! I'm still experiencing pain in my foot - most likely plantar faciitis - it's not severe and goes away with stretching and massage. My hope is that it will go away completely as I lose weight.

Here are my numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  +0.4
Total weight loss:  4.8
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -1.5
Total inches lost:  8.5

I refuse to let this minor setback get the best of me. My plan is to continue with my food journal and exercise program, and to say no to desserts a little more often.

I've joined my friends at Empty the Junk from the Trunk Facebook group in a 10-week motivation project. If I meet my weekly goals, my name goes into a drawing for a cash prize - not a big amount, just something to make it interesting. I did not meet my goals this week. Hopefully I will do better next week!