Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weighing In - Week Six

It seems that my weight loss journey is going to resemble a rollercoaster ride.  One week I'm up, and the next I'm down. I won't lie - I'm terribly disappointed every time the numbers go up. But knowing that they will probably go down again next week makes it a little easier to deal with. 

This week was a good week. 

I stuck to my plan to limit desserts, and only indulged four times.  This seems to have made a difference, so I'm going to repeat that next week.  And yes, afternoon cookies at meetings count as dessert.

Still rockin' the Zumba videos, and loving it!  I exercised 6 nights in a row, and actually looked forward to it. The really good news is that my foot pain has lessened. Still hopeful that it will go away completely.

Here are my numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -2.4
Total weight loss:  7.2
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -1.5
Total inches lost:  10.0

I'm sticking with my current plan - food journal (limit desserts), exercise at least 5 times, and weekly progress reports.  I am determined to reach my goal!

I've joined my friends at Empty the Junk from the Trunk Facebook group in a 10-week motivation project. If I meet my weekly goals, my name goes into a drawing for a cash prize - not a big amount, just something to make it interesting. I met my goals this week, and my name is going into the drawing. Yay!