Monday, August 15, 2011

Weighing In - Week Seven

Some weeks I actually look forward to weigh-in day. Not this week. With a grand total of only three exercise sessions and more than a few tasty desserts consumed during the week, I was prepared to see my weight go up.

Imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale and I had lost weight. Not a lot, but it wasn't a gain. Could it be that the roller coaster ride is over? Probably not. 

The really big surprise came when I got out the tape measure and found that I had lost 4.5 inches. That's a number that I can get excited about!

Here are my numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -0.2
Total weight loss:  7.4
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -4.5
Total inches lost:  14.5

I've joined my friends at Empty the Junk from the Trunk Facebook group in a 10-week motivation project. If I meet my weekly goals, my name goes into a drawing for a cash prize - not a big amount, just something to make it interesting.

I won the $10 prize in the last drawing! Last week I didn't meet my goals, so I'm out of the running this time.

My goals for this week - continue using my food journal and limit desserts to no more than four, exercise at least 4 times, and (hopefully) lose at least 2 lbs.  I'll let you know how that works out.