Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weighing In - Week Two

I just weighed in for the week. The pounds aren't exactly melting off, no Biggest Loser style results here, but I am making steady progress, which is exactly what I expect for the "program" I'm following.

Food Journal:  Everything I ate went into the journal. It really does help to put it down on paper so I can see what I'm eating, and how much. I'm getting better about the snacking during the week. Lately, those cookies that tempt me at work just don't taste as good. I wonder if they've changed their recipe or if it's me. Either way, it's easier to say no. Weekends are still a challenge, especially when I'm home all day. I'm dealing with this by buying healthier snacks, like fruit and nuts, so I can reach for them instead of candy.

Exercise: On Sunday, we visited my mom and spent the afternoon swimming. I would so love to have a pool that I could use everyday. The exercise is great, and it's easy on the knees. For the rest of the week, I stuck with the Zumba Express workout. Next week, I'm going to start the Accelerated Fat-Loss Program, which incorporates the rest of the videos. Should be fun!

Measurements: Here are my numbers for the week.  Remember, my goal is to eventually lose 69 pounds.

Pounds lost this week: 0.8
Total weight loss: 2.6
Inches lost this week: 2
Total inches lost: 4

I wish that the weight would come off faster, but I think I'm doing pretty good for someone who doesn't have a personal trainer and isn't following a strict diet.

Are you looking for some encouragement in your weight loss journey? Stop by the Empty the Junk from the Trunk Facebook group and request an invitation to join. The awesome ladies in this group help keep me motivated and they can help you, too!