Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weighing In - Week Three

This whole week was slightly "off" for me.  Monday and Tuesday were spent in all-day meetings (food and snacks provided) and Wednesday through Friday were spent with my son at new student orientation at Texas A&M University. I wasn't following my regular schedule and it showed... and not in a good way.

Food Journal:  I was good about writing everything down. Everything. I still have an issue with snacking, but I'm getting better. I limited myself to one or two (small) cookies instead of half the bag. My biggest pitfalls were during our college trip. I can easily see where the "Freshman 15" comes from - late night studying, student gets hungry, and the easiest option is fast food. Hello, Whataburger! (Gotta remember to send healthy snacks with my son this fall.)

Exercise: Sunday through Tuesday, I did the Zumba Accelerated Fat-Loss Program. It alternates between the 50 minute Cardio Party and the 45 minute Sculpt and Tone plus the 20 minute Standing Abs workout. The sessions are twice as long as what I've been doing, so it's tough, but I love it. During our visit to A&M, we did a LOT of walking and one evening we hit the pool - mostly to cool off, but I did get in a few laps.

Measurements: Here are my numbers for the week.

Pounds lost this week: -2 (gained)
Total weight loss: 0.6
Inches lost this week: 1
Total inches lost: 5

I am disappointed that I gained two pounds this week, but I'm not surprised. I made poor food choices and exercised less. There's a good chance that some of the gain is from water retention. Anyway, I'm not going to get discouraged about it... just going to start fresh this week, stick with my program, and report better results next week.

I've joined my friends at Empty the Junk from the Trunk Facebook group in a 10-week motivation project. If I meet my weekly goals, my name goes into a drawing for a cash prize - not a big amount, just something to make it interesting. Wish me luck in meeting my goals this week!