Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weighing In - Week Eleven

It seems like I've always struggled with my weight. I've tried different diets and different exercise programs - some more successful than others - but nothing ever seemed to stick.

This time something's different.

I know I've expressed disappointment that the weight is coming off slowly - about a pound a week - but I haven't been depriving myself of anything. I eat whatever I want, I just try to make healthier choices most of the time and take smaller portions. Today, I even had ice cream! I'm finding it much easier to make those healthy choices now, and the smaller portions are just enough - leaving me satisfied instead of stuffed.

My real secret weapon for weight loss is exercise. That's right, I decided to get off my couch and move it. I'm not much of a morning person, so I do my exercise when I get home from work - before I have a chance to get too comfortable. Thankfully, my family has been very understanding and hasn't complained that dinner comes a little bit later these days. 

My favorite workout right now, is Zumba.  I have a set of DVDs that lets me alternate between three different workouts. When I want to really challenge myself, I put in Jillian's Yoga Meltdown DVD. I still can't make it all the way through that one - even on the easiest level. I do occasionally take the day off due to scheduling issues or sometimes just because I feel like it, but I don't let that happen too often.  I try to work out four or five times a week.

So what's different? 

I think it's me. I'm tired of wishing I could lose weight and am doing something about it. It's not quick. It's not easy. It's a lifestyle change, and hopefully it will be permanent. If it takes me sixty-nine weeks to reach my goal of losing sixty-nine pounds, then so be it. 

My numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -1.0
Total weight loss:  11.0
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -4.0
Total inches lost:  21.0

I've joined my friends at Empty the Junk from the Trunk Facebook group in a 10-week motivation project. If I meet my weekly goals, my name goes into a drawing for a small cash prize. I haven't hit all my goals lately - exercise, water, and eating are all good, but I haven't managed the two pound loss. Maybe  the goals are too high?  Nah!