Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weighing In - Week Twelve

I worked out just as hard last week as I usually do, but my results weren't quite what I had hoped.  Was I disappointed?  Why, yes, I was.  Until I put on a pair of shorts that I bought at the beginning of last summer, and they were quite loose.  Then I took them back off again... without unzipping them.  Awesome!

My very smart friends at Empty the Junk from the Trunk keep reminding me that the way my clothes fit means more than the numbers on my scale, and they are so right. I love that my clothes are fitting better, and that some are even a little too big. It won't be long before I have to go shopping, which I usually hate, but now I'm actually looking forward to it.

My numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -0.2
Total weight loss:  11.2
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -0.5
Total inches lost:  21.5

I've decided to make another change in my eating habits. I work in an office where lunch is provided (free) almost every day. Unfortunately, the hot lunches are not very healthy and the salad bar is not always available. So, I've decided to start bringing my lunch. This way I can have a healthy lunch and use up some leftovers. (I still haven't gotten used to cooking for two again.) I'm also hoping that this change will provide another boost to my weight loss.

Only one more week left in the Empty the Junk from the Trunk 10-week motivation project. If I meet my weekly goals, my name goes into a drawing for a small cash prize. Will I meet that 2 lb weight loss goal this week?  We'll see...