Monday, January 23, 2012

Weighing In - Week Thirty

I just celebrated my last week at my job. And I do mean celebrated. Lunches out with friends - Mexican and Italian. Celebratory bottles of wine and skipping regular workouts (only did three).

So, why is it that I still lost weight? I'm not complaining. I just don't understand.

One of my super-healthy friends tells me that it's because the muscle that I've been building is burning more calories. I've never experienced this phenomenon before, and doubted its existence. Maybe I was wrong. Either way, I'll take my 1 pound weight-loss, and smile about it.

My numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -1.0
Total weight loss:  15.6
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -0
Total inches lost:  26.5

Where do I get my best motivation?  From you and from my friends at the Empty the Junk from the Trunk group on Facebook. Stop by and check it out.

My current motivation:  Life changes, and so should my health - in a good way! Now that I've started a new job, I need to get my schedule figured out so that I can still do my (almost) daily workouts. I'll let you know how that goes.