Monday, January 2, 2012

Weighing In - Week Twenty Seven

I started this weight-loss journey six months ago, and no one is more surprised than I am that I'm still going strong.  I think that the accountability of reporting my progress in weekly posts has been a huge motivation for me. It's also given my blog a boost.  In my third year of blogging, I actually have (sort of) regular posts.

That makes the 4th week in a row weight gain a little easier to bear. I'd love to say it's water weight or muscle, but it's definitely those little holiday over indulgences that are to blame. (Did I mention that I'm glad Christmas is over?) I've gained a total of 6 pounds over the holiday.  BUT I'm still 12 pounds lighter than I was when I started. And that's something to be happy about! 

So, it's a new year and I am definitely ready to get back on track.  One of my goals for this year is to get back to a healthy weight. Will I be ready for a bikini this summer?  Maybe, maybe not - but without a doubt, I'll be closer than I was last summer.

My numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  +1.4
Total weight loss:  12.0
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  +0.5
Total inches lost:  26.0

Where do I get my best motivation?  From you and from my friends at the Empty the Junk from the Trunk group on Facebook. Stop by and check it out.

My current motivation:  Losing that muffin top!