Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weighing In - Week Twenty Five

The holidays are the worst time for weight-loss.  Cookies, candy, family get-togethers based on meals - it's all a huge marketing conspiracy to make us gain weight. Don't believe me?  Then wait until the first of the year and see how many stores have big sales on exercise equipment. See?  I know what I'm talking about.

Last week I gained again - just a little bit, though.  My friend, Daria, swears that it's muscle weight, and since I'm still losing inches (yes, half an inch counts), I'm inclined to agree with her.  My goal for this week before Christmas is simply to maintain.  I will enjoy some holiday treats (including egg nog) and spending time with my family, and if I'm a good girl, maybe Santa will bring me something special this year. 

My numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  +0.6
Total weight loss:  15.8
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -0.5
Total inches lost:  26.5

Where do I get my best motivation?  From you and from my friends at the Empty the Junk from the Trunk group on Facebook. Stop by and check it out.

My current motivation:  Wearing those brand new khaki slacks that are currently hanging in my closet.