Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weighing In - Week Twenty Three

As I stepped on the scale this morning, I recalled that I had only done 3 workouts last week, and had enjoyed a few cookies - okay, a lot of cookies. My expectations were pretty low. When I saw the number, I almost fell off the scale.  I had lost 5 pounds since last Sunday.  That might be my best week yet, and it more than makes up for the 2 pounds I gained last week.

I'm 2 pounds away from my first mini-goal, and 51 pounds away from my long-term goal. It may take me another year (or more) to get there, but I know I will make it. 

I visited my mom and stepdad on Friday, and they both remarked on my weight loss. In fact, my mom commented that my slacks were looking a little baggy in the rear.  Guess I'll be headed to the store during my lunch hour tomorrow to shop for new slacks... in a smaller size.  :)

My numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -5.0
Total weight loss:  18.0
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  -0.5
Total inches lost:  26.0

Where do I get my best motivation?  From you and from my friends at the Empty the Junk from the Trunk group on Facebook. Stop by and check it out.