Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Weighing In - Week Twenty Two

Okay, so I knew in advance that Thanksgiving was going to be a bad week for weight loss.  I actually gained 3 pounds from all the feasting, but by my official weigh-in day it had corrected to 2.2.  My goal is to get that back off quickly and continue making progress.

The good news is that I can consistently get through level 2 of the 30 Day Shred now.  Woo hoo!  It's not easy, but I can do it.  I think I'll stay there for a couple of weeks before taking on level 3.  During Thanksgiving break, my son had to exercise (once) to get credit for his kinesiology class, so he joined me in my workout. I dropped back to level 1 for him, and took great satisfaction in seeing that he found it just as hard as I did at first.  These really are tough workouts!

It's been five months since I posted my "before" picture, so I thought I'd do a new one to show my progress.  I still have a long way to go, but I can already see a difference.


My numbers for the week:
Pounds lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  +2.2
Total weight loss:  13.0
Inches lost (-) or gained (+) this week:  0
Total inches lost:  25.5

Does 25.5 inches sound like a lot?  I think so, too.  Let me break it down for you.  These are the areas I measure and how many inches I've lost in each:  Waist -6, Hips -4, Neck - 1.5, Arm (upper) -2, Thigh -5, Calf -1.5, Bust -3, Chest -2.5

Looking for some company and motivation on your weight loss journey?  Check out the Empty the Junk from the Trunk group on Facebook.