Saturday, November 26, 2011

People Watching at RenFest

One of my favorite events every year is the Texas Renaissance Festival. I won't go into a lot of detail about RenFest (you can click the link if you want details), I'll just say that it's an experience worth repeating.  And we do... several times each year. 

There is much to do at RenFest - shopping, games, shows and food - but my favorite activity of all is people watching. All of the actors and vendors dress in costume, as do many of the patrons, and it becomes a feast for the eyes. 

I'd like to share a few of my favorite shots from this season with you.

Beautiful colors and a beautiful girl.

This lady paints pictures on faces. I think her face would make a lovely painting.

This man has the softest hands at the fair. No kidding!

Such a sweet couple.

The lovely Katie.

Tipsy and Traveller... and don't call her a bird, she's a dragon.

A distinguished gentleman.

This intense look turned into a playful laugh when we asked him what he was wearing 'neath his kilt.

A singing pirate.

Meow.

I love all the small music stages scattered around the festival.


A wise-looking mage.


Rhythm that makes you want to shimmy.

Oh my!

Would you trust this pirate?

A handsome rogue... who also happens to be my son. :)

Beautiful Cinder and her thousand watt smile.

A feast for the eyes and the ears.

As I said there is much to see and do at RenFest, and I can't wait to do it all again next year. 

Huzzah!